Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who now?
Topic Started: Dec 9 2017, 07:01 PM (294 Views)
Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Since Miami has become the AAAA farm club of the Yankees....who does everyone hope that we go for next?

Possibilities:

Ozuna
Yelich
Longoria
C. Gonzalez
Moustakas
Hosmer - looks like a Padre maybe
Donaldson
J. D. Martinez

anonymous...

I wouldn't mind Ozuna but will he hit that well without the new Yankee behind him.
Cargo has been a target for years, but has his time gone.
I have no idea really. Thoughts guys?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Abreu would be at the top of my list. We got lots of prospect so just make the deal
Donaldson, J. D. Martinez, Santana
Hosmer and Moose are overrated. Cain might be good if the price is right
Cargo and Longoria over the hill
I doubt the Fish deal their other OF

Then again get me a couple top relievers and see what our homegrown talent can do
We could use another SP. Maybe Lyn comes back at a good cost

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I couldn't remember Abreu...but would be a good add. Wouldn't want Cain. They might take a flyer on CarGo. I read somewhere that he had corrected a problem and that's why he was normal the last 2 or 3 months of last season. You always have to worry about the home/away stats for a Rockie though, although it worked pretty good for Holiday.

We should know in about 2 weeks or less. Next week will be full of rumors.

Skoffer
Hey! Give it a rest!
[ *  *  * ]
I'd go after donaldson. But why stop there? Get CarGo, too. Maybe Abreu is donaldson can't be had.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I don't want any more DH guys to mess our defense up worse than it is. No Santana, Abreau, or JD Martinez. We already have him in Jose Martinez. This means Donaldson might be our target.

My preference is also not to deal any more with the Marlins. They can go pound sand.

Skoffer
Hey! Give it a rest!
[ *  *  * ]
MIDMOBIRD
Dec 11 2017, 06:47 AM
I don't want any more DH guys to mess our defense up worse than it is. No Santana, Abreau, or JD Martinez. We already have him in Jose Martinez. This means Donaldson might be our target.

My preference is also not to deal any more with the Marlins. They can go pound sand.
Maybe I missed something, but didn't we have a deal with the Marlins? Wasn't it Stanton, himself, that refused to come to StL?

I'm not sure how this is the Marlin's fault.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
gotta wonder how much the other Fish OFs numbers drop when they are no longer in a lineup with Stanton
Brewers looking for offers for Domingo Santana. He put up some good numbers last years and has a lot of control time left

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Duvall in Cincy is available....don't know about his defense though.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Skoffer
Dec 11 2017, 05:47 PM
MIDMOBIRD
Dec 11 2017, 06:47 AM

Maybe I missed something, but didn't we have a deal with the Marlins? Wasn't it Stanton, himself, that refused to come to StL?

I'm not sure how this is the Marlin's fault.
Well Sig, I think they were using us to drive up the price of the guys they want to rip us off for which are Ozuna and the lefty hitting guy. They prolly think we will throw in a couple more starting pitching prospects for one of them. Not me, I walk totally away from their problems.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed Mids they knew a month ago who Stanton would accept. He much as said so after the deal with Yanks.

Miami played Mo and Giants for saps. Thats really BS and I would have no more to do with them

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Needs to be a MLB rule that would stop the wasting of time on something like this. In other words, ask the player first. If he says no, move on without all the bs.

Cards are now listed as "favorites" to land Ozuna.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Sigonella
Dec 12 2017, 07:32 PM
Needs to be a MLB rule that would stop the wasting of time on something like this. In other words, ask the player first. If he says no, move on without all the bs.

Cards are now listed as "favorites" to land Ozuna.
I think we will regret trading the people we do for many years. Marlins scouts are better than ours, that is why they keep coming up with hitters, that and finishing in the bottom of the barrel quite often. But their scouts have always been able to spot talent, unfortunately our guys use metrics so heavily I believe it hurts their ability to do the eye test.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
we have more prospects than places to use them. We can deal several and still have deep farm.
We may be over rating them. Only like 3 are in the top 100
I'm happy to deal them for a guy who can hit and field
Edited by waterdown, Dec 13 2017, 07:35 PM.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Got Ozuna...so who's on the table now?

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Guess we can live with the Ozuna trade. Would be nice if he had a couple more years of control, but they had to do something. Cards gave up a lot more for him than the stinking Yankees did for Stanton, but he had the Marlins by the nads.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Ozuna and Martinez are really good friends. This could bode well for keeping him long-term. I like Ozuna much better than is Piscotty. We still haven't done enough to field a competitive team in my opinion.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
He likes Yadi too. And the Cardinals. Viewed them as a grinding team that is in it to the end and remains competitive every year. He likes that.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
MIDMOBIRD
Dec 14 2017, 04:06 PM
Guess we can live with the Ozuna trade. Would be nice if he had a couple more years of control, but they had to do something. Cards gave up a lot more for him than the stinking Yankees did for Stanton, but he had the Marlins by the nads.
they also took on a contract that could turn really ugly
I think we have a decent of resigning Ozuna if ewe start getting back to the playoffs

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Cozart could have been a great pickup cheap as he went. Could have moved DeJong back to third and improved infield D
Oh well I guess there're done with position players

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
I sure hope they are not finished with the off season acquisitions, cause they haven't done anywhere near enough to be competitive. As of now we will be in the same situation as last year, clawing and clinging to a hope that we can somehow squeak into a wild card spot. It will likely be over a little earlier in the season unless something changes. The offense may be slightly better, but both the starting pitching and bull pen are worse so far. Defense and base running have not improved unless Oquendo can somehow work some magic.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply