Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Luke Gregerson
Topic Started: Dec 11 2017, 12:32 AM (128 Views)
Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Reports are that the Cards have signed RP Luke Gregerson, late of the Astros, for 2 years with an option for a 3rd year.

They won't announce it though officially until he passes a physical in the Loo on Tuesday.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I don't mind this unless they try to go cheap and close with him. That won't work out well. They never should have let this guy go for Khalil Greene, but somebody had a brain fart. His best years were spent on other teams.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Just more of the same B.S. Mo has no clue how to staff a roster and he is still in the way. Until he is gone, the agony will continue. JMO
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Prot
Dec 11 2017, 02:42 PM
Just more of the same B.S. Mo has no clue how to staff a roster and he is still in the way. Until he is gone, the agony will continue. JMO
I agree, but his lackey Matheny needs to go with him before the Cards get serious about winning again. Mo is a poser and a know nothing bum who likely never got dirty enough to play ball even as a kid.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Always said Mo is great at player development, should have stayed there

ColtsOriolesBullets1971
Member Avatar
Personal Guest of "SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS"
[ *  *  * ]
o

Scroll down a little more than halfway down the page.

Cardinals' Voit Working Toward Adding Outfielder to his Resume

(Derrick Goold, Benjamin Hochman, and Ben Frederickson]

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/mo-says-luke-gregerson-is-cards-closer-going-into-the/article_b0d2266a-5ce5-5ffd-ada7-e6c9a397dc7c.html

Gregerson is Cardinals' Closer ........ For Now

Saturday morning at Winter Warm-Up, John Mozeliak said that Luke Gregerson will be the Cardinals' closer going into the season ..... he has experience doing it. The former Houston Astro returns to the Cardinals' organization with 66 career saves, including 31 for the 2015 Astros club that made the postseason.

The 33-year-old right-hander had a 4.57 ERA last season, while giving up 13 homers in 61 innings. But in his eight previous seasons, the highest ERA he ever posted was 3.28. And for his career, Gregerson has a 9.1 strikeout-per-nine-inning rate.

I do think, when you look at our bullpen, there are going to be opportunities for other people to take on more responsibilities or roles, Mozeliak said. There's no doubt that last year was a disappointment when you think of the blown saves and the close games we lost, but we also feel like this year we have a group of guys ready to take that next step up.

Asked if the role of closer is changing, meaning that the Cardinals could have multiple guys closing games during the year, Mozeliak said: We've tried to build flexibility into our bullpen, first and foremost. I do think that the Memphis to St. Louis corridor might be more active than we've seen in the past. But having said that, I do think that managers, in general, like to have someone they can count on in the ninth ..... (We have) younger, dynamic arms to take that role as well if we feel we can manage it properly, in terms of usage.

A key dynamic arm, of course, is Alex Reyes, the young-stud pitcher returning from Tommy John surgery. Mo said that it's possible that Reyes will return around May 1st. Mozeliak also anticipates left-hander Tyler Lyons having an imperative role in the bullpen. And two young power arms, Ryan Helsley and Jordan Hicks, could very well make contributions in 2018.

- Benjamin Hochman, Post-Dispatch

o

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
This is disappointing. Mo had said right after the season ended that there were going to be big changes this off season. I was foolish enough to believe MO. Sadly Mo thinks adding Gregerson was adding a closer. I'm happy with Ozuna, but there needs to be more done if the Cardinals are going to be playing in October.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Have to agree with The Boss....I was disappointed in that. Addison Reed was extremely getable...

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
They won't be getting any of my money. Freak this crap.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
And now Mo says the bp is good enough....

Bull$hit....

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
The bullpen is only good enough if two or three of the top prospects go to the pen this year and break out into stars.

If they do that Matheny will ruin them, they will never be starters. He will Rosenthal them.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I can only hope for MO to have a serious accident. DeWitt promoted him the last time he did so little to improve a team heading in the wrong direction. When was that? Oh yeah, last year. I guess they are wanting to know for sure how poor a team they can really field before profits take a hit.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
They've lost their mind if they think fans are going to see a consistently third place team.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
From the dregs of the diseased mind
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Jan 15 2018, 05:17 PM
They've lost their mind if they think fans are going to see a consistently third place team.
You rolls the bones, you takes your chances. Other than Addison, I wouldn't have shelled out the zort to sign a reliever available long term. We all know BP arms are about as consistent as me hitting the bowl at 2 a.m.

TMI ? Deal with it. ;)

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
ROFLO.....Me and Mid have to hit the bowl at midnight, 2 am, and 4 am....so our aim better be better than that....right Mid?

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
LOL, when I get up 12, 2 and 4 I just sit down cause I don't want to deal with it. Besides I'm too damned sleepy to stand up that long.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Sigonella
Feb 4 2018, 07:42 PM
ROFLO.....Me and Mid have to hit the bowl at midnight, 2 am, and 4 am....so our aim better be better than that....right Mid?
Well, I have had two procedures to fix the old prostate and take this stuff that keeps me good for a long time. I have to get up about one time a night now and no longer piss myself! :O :rolleyes: :lol:

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
All this old geezer talk. What are we an nursing home or a baseball forum?

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Y'all are literally having a peeing contest. I have you know I hit the toilet every time and only go to the bathroom if I have too much water before bed.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Feb 9 2018, 02:39 AM
All this old geezer talk. What are we an nursing home or a baseball forum?
Your time will come young grasshopper.

« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply