Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Darvish signing
Topic Started: Feb 11 2018, 11:27 PM (71 Views)
waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Some day we can tell our grandkids about a time when the Cards had a winning franchise
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
They don't seem bent on improving their team.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not a big fan of Darvish, but it does show a desire to continue winning while the Cardinals have shown that they are only interested in being competitive enough to fans in the seats. I'm only one voice, but I won't be one of those fans anymore.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
And now the Cards sign Bud Norris. I had to laugh at the difference in ambition by the Chubs and our favorite team.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I think the front office maybe in for a rude awaking if they think they can keep fans happy by only being competitive. I'm a dyed in the wool Cardinals fans, I love them, but I'm getting really upset by these teams that are third place winners. As much as I hate to say, because I love going to the game, I may not go this year if Bud Norris is the only guy this team signs. Bill DeWitt and company have raised the bar and kept the bar high for years and right now they have very deep pockets and a lot of prospects that can help this team and the only player the Cardinals get is Bud Freaking Norris? Seriously!

Skoffer
Hey! Give it a rest!
[ *  *  * ]
At least Cy Norris can't dominate the Cardinals this year.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not sure what their strategy is long term, but in my opinion one thing they need to do is sign Ozuna long term and the sooner the better. Maybe with the market being a little soft now he will be willing to go ahead and do a five or six year deal with the Cards. That would add a lot of stability to the organization and might enable them to make a couple of more moves that would make them an actual threat in the division race.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Our FO has no serious intent on a WS Championship. They have this delusional thought that if they can somehow squeak into a wild card spot that their chances are as good as anyone in the playoffs. That is not reality. Sure the wild card has won the WS 5 times in the history of the game, but it is a rarity even noting the wild card has only been around for 24 years. Also they think 90 wins is a reasonable goal. Well news flash - if 90 wins is your goal it is unlikely that you will exceed 90 wins because you haven't set yourself up to. Teams with less than 90 wins have won the WS exactly 4 times since we went to a 162 game season in 1961. And Mo thinks that is all it takes because we got lucky as hell in 2006. Teams with 97+ wins have won the WS almost 30 times. That should be our goal. We are being lead by an incompetent dweeb who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when in fact he is the dumbest.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I read somewhere and I agree, that the Cardinals are now in rebuild mode without calling it rebuild mode.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Signing Darvish might be good in the short time for the Cubbies but I firmly believe that they will rue the day that they did in about 2 to 3 years. They'll have a well paid albatross around their necks like Heyward. I also do not know what the Cards are up to, maybe what Redbird5 said, rebuilding without saying so. And they might go hard after Donaldson or Machado next year.

I have to agree with some of the writers the Moustakas and Hosmer are not improvements over what we have.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Clearly they are waiting for in house pitching to develop.
The Gnats just signed Tony Watson to a deal similar to the Norris deal. SMH. Deals like that and getting Gregerson rather than Reed make me think FO is just not smart. They once were.
Bring back Walt

I think going head to head with Theo and Maddon has made these guys goofy ii the head

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Now I hear Odorizzi was traded for a minor league infielder. REALLY!! We didn't have one of those or two?

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Sigonella
Feb 18 2018, 07:25 PM
Now I hear Odorizzi was traded for a minor league infielder. REALLY!! We didn't have one of those or two?
Isn't he just another Mike Leake with an ERA over 4 last year. We got guys that can do that in house

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I have never been an Odorizzi fan. We already have one of him, his name is Michael Wacha. Okay some days, stinks to high heaven other days. There are worse options, but we don't need another one.

That being said, that was a dirt cheap deal for a league average pitcher.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Wacha proved he can stay healthy last year. I heard on KMOX the other night that the Cardinals are expecting good things from him. The question is, can he live up to his potential or is he big old pile of poo? I think fans are angry and if the team keeps going the way they've been going fans will start staying home.

« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply