Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just how bad are the Reds
Topic Started: Apr 16 2018, 03:47 PM (38 Views)
redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I read someplace that they're on pace to only win 38 or so games. I don't think they'll be that bad, but I don't expect them to win a lot. It seems like they are going to lose 100 games. It seems Jockety's time has passed. He wasn't very good at building farm systems.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Jocketty hasn't been the GM for a couple years now.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Apr 16 2018, 03:47 PM
I read someplace that they're on pace to only win 38 or so games. I don't think they'll be that bad, but I don't expect them to win a lot. It seems like they are going to lose 100 games. It seems Jockety's time has passed. He wasn't very good at building farm systems.
Walt built the Cards WS teams. Edmonds, Rolens Waino...etc....etc...etc

Carter
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Apr 16 2018, 03:47 PM
They beat the snot out of the Brewers last night with 10 runs on 14 hits with Votto getting his FIRST XBH of the year. It was their high in both categories. 38 wins would smash the first year Mets "record". I figure they win about 55-60.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Mo is not provided any evidence of being a great builder of the farm system either, IMO. Sure we have a lot of guys they say are going to be good, but they have been saying that for the last 10 years and we have only seen a bunch of decent role players. I would rather trade several decent players for a real stud, ala Jocketty's strategy, than hang onto every decent player until they prove they run of the mill and then getting nothing. Or worse yet, let them have a half way decent rookie season and then buy out their arbitration years for way more than they're worth. (Thinking of Craig, Wacha, Piscotty, Diaz, Wong, DeJung???)

I hear a lot of hype about some of the young guys but we heard the same things about Shelby Miller, Jaime Garcia, Marco Gonzalez, Colby Rasmus, etc. I believe it when I see it. The closest thing to ace we have seen is Martinez and he is still a head case at times. Maybe the new guys will be different, but maybe not.

Bottom line, I prefer the proven stars over the late first round draft picks. There is a reason they didn't get picked early. Piss on DeWitt's budget! He makes way too much profit as it is.
Edited by Prot, Apr 18 2018, 04:52 PM.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Bad enough to get their manager fired

« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply