Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HoF #5 This is a Cubs forum!; April fools to everyone!
Topic Started: Mar 25 2011, 07:05 PM (1,118 Views)
redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
This is all the topics started for the April fools joke on the forum 2011. Redbird5 came up with this one (he NEEDS to get a job folks ;) ) and asked me (NC) to play along so I created a :ph43r: new account as Cubfan1 :ph43r: and wreaked havoc on the board. A couple of you caught on but most everyone bought it hook, line and sinker :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I've combined all the topics and put them in this thread so read along and enjoy! The quoted post below is the first announcement from Redbird saying that some 'routine maintenance' will be conducted late in the evening of 3/31. I've combined all the topics and put them in this thread so read along and enjoy:

Quote:

The forum will be closed after 10 EST on March 31st for some routine maintenance, and will reopen on April 1st. :cards:
Edited by NC Cards Fan, Apr 4 2011, 01:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CSquare01
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
OK at least it is after the game. I was going to say how can this get closed on opening day.

houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Is this to lure us into a false sense of security for an April Fool's Joke. Though the biggest is that the Cubs Home Opener is on April Fool's Day, which cheering for the Cubs to win the World Series is the biggest fools errand of them all.

CSquare01
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
houseofcards1987
Mar 25 2011, 08:43 PM
Is this to lure us into a false sense of security for an April Fool's Joke. Though the biggest is that the Cubs Home Opener is on April Fool's Day, which cheering for the Cubs to win the World Series is the biggest fools errand of them all.
What good anyone ask for as an April fools joke than that? Now that is truly priceless............

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
CSquare01
Mar 25 2011, 08:45 PM
houseofcards1987
Mar 25 2011, 08:43 PM
What good anyone ask for as an April fools joke than that? Now that is truly priceless............
It's the cubs for crying out loud, they are an April - October fools joke every year.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
No, this is true maintenance. Why would I do that? I intend to advertise heavily over the next week, and having a April Fools joke wouldn't be the best idea while trying to get people to come to the site.

houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Mar 25 2011, 09:01 PM
No, this is true maintenance. Why would I do that? I intend to advertise heavily over the next week, and having a April Fools joke wouldn't be the best idea while trying to get people to come to the site.
Unless they love comedy, but then again, if they liked comedy, they would probably go to the site that shall remain nameless.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Actually folk it's out of my hands, Zeta board needs to work on the site and I asked if they could do before or after the 31st and they said no.

CSquare01
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Mar 26 2011, 02:25 AM
Actually folk it's out of my hands, Zeta board needs to work on the site and I asked if they could do before or after the 31st and they said no.
It's all good. At least it is after the game. It is understandable. I appreciate the work that is done to keep this going.

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
houseofcards1987
Mar 25 2011, 09:50 PM
redbird5
Unless they love comedy, but then again, if they liked comedy, they would probably go to the site that shall remain nameless.
wrong. we are plenty funny.

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Mar 26 2011, 05:35 AM
houseofcards1987
redbird5
We're funny but actually care about each other (for the most part ;) ). Over there the tone is of dislike and not caring of each other, kinda sad.

houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Mar 26 2011, 05:35 AM
houseofcards1987
redbird5
You guys are funny in a ha ha kinda way, while they are really funny in a dark, dysfunctionaly family kind of way. Kinda like the Royal Tenenbuams, with A LOT less talent. It's funny to watch fight and argue with each other and make physical threats to each other under a screen name in an internet forum.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Mar 25 2011, 07:05 PM
The forum will be closed after 10 EST on March 31st for some retinue maintenance, and will reopen on April 1st. :cards:
What exactly is "retinue maintenance"? I thought I was a retinue of this place and I didn't get an invite. How exactly are planning to maintain the retinue? It sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should even try to grow the retinue, it would however be hard to improve it.

Okay, confess. How many of you had to look up the word "retinue"? :P

Rube Baker
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
is redbird the king and we are his retinue?

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Rube Baker
Apr 1 2011, 12:58 AM
is redbird the king and we are his retinue?
Hail to the King!

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
:uhuh:

The Ghost
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
eh, why does it say chicago, da bears and all that? i feel grossed out.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
The scheduled maintenance went badly tonight, the entire site, my precious site went the way of the dodo bird. I am beyond angry! I'm pissed off. Zeta will hear from me. I was under the impression that there would be a few changes, the only good that came from this was the yellow emoticons.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
we were hacked by Chicago fans.

The Ghost
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
KING BIRD!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply