Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HoF #6 royvern vs. The Ghost; Winner gets free ticket!
Topic Started: Jul 11 2011, 03:02 AM (3,145 Views)
Iowacards50
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

NC here,
Sometimes the most innocent topics get started and then all the sudden you have something epic. All Iowacards5 did was ask folks what the Cards final record would be at the all-star break and the next thing you know it's a high stakes bet between royvern & The Ghost with a contracted bet with all the trimmings! I merged all the various threads that were involved and threw this into the HoF. This thing isn't over and won't be until the end of the regular season so this ride isn't over just yet!!! Enjoy.

Now that we are to the break, what will be their final win-loss total at the end of the season?

I will say 90-72, finishing 2 games ahead of the Brew crew for a central division crown :cards:
Edited by NC Cards Fan, Jul 30 2011, 02:29 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
93-69 Central Champs. Were finally healthy.

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
88-74 That's 39-31 rest of the way sounds about right to me. With the Pirates respectable this year nobody hits 90 and the Cards 88 is enough to win by 2.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I'll say 95-74

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
waterdown
Jul 11 2011, 03:40 AM
88-74 That's 39-31 rest of the way sounds about right to me. With the Pirates respectable this year nobody hits 90 and the Cards 88 is enough to win by 2.
that is right about what i was thinking. the pirates are kinda beating everyone up a little. with 4 teams in the hunt, no one is goign to smash this division open

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Jul 11 2011, 04:02 AM
waterdown
that is right about what i was thinking. the pirates are kinda beating everyone up a little. with 4 teams in the hunt, no one is goign to smash this division open
Ghostage, how about a little wager (since you think my aim is poor)? Who ever is closer to the Cards final record, the other must preface his all of his posts with "I am not worthy of _____'s attention!" in bold type with the winners name filling in the blank for 30 days after the season is over. We'd have NC be the final judge but he can't count, so I say Prots is the official Ump. Ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya? :ph43r:

Let's get it on, Casper!

Deleted User
Deleted User

redbird5
Jul 11 2011, 03:45 AM
I'll say 95-74
Is this including playoffs ?
Quote Post Goto Top

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
royvern
Jul 11 2011, 04:28 AM
The Ghost
waterdown
Ghostage, how about a little wager (since you think my aim is poor)? Who ever is closer to the Cards final record, the other must preface his all of his posts with "I am not worthy of _____'s attention!" in bold type with the winners name filling in the blank for 30 days after the season is over. We'd have NC be the final judge but he can't count, so I say Prots is the official Ump. Ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya? :ph43r:

Let's get it on, Casper!
I'd take that in a heartbeat Ghost. Roy needs to go 44-26. Talk about NC can't do math. Roy should get out his calculator. :huh: :rolleyes:

hicard
Member Avatar
Wayward Soul
[ *  *  * ]
No guess here.

If any one of the NL Central teams wins over
90 gangs it'll surprise me.

in the regular season
Edited by hicard, Jul 11 2011, 05:58 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Too many games left to take a guess. I t ALL depends on staying healthy. No more injuries maybe 92-70 :huh: , i do believe they will be in the thick of it, and would be kinda cool to see the Bucs hang in for a while..................................but not too long :D
Quote Post Goto Top

The Ghost
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
royvern
The Ghost
waterdown

Let's get it on, Casper!
im in, uncle squirrel, on these conditions...

1. since the halfway between the two is an odd number, winner is the closest number. for example, 90-72 means i win, 91-71 mean you win. over yours, you take it, under mine, i take it.

2. regular season only.

3. you dont take it nearly far enough. how about something like "I am not worthy of ______'s attention. ______ is so much more awesome than i am at all things, including horseshoes, pancake making and playing Marco Polo."

4. lets really see how much action you really like. loser buys 2 tickets to a game of the others passion. you win, i take you to a blues game. i win, we catch a cards game. (and not a crazy one like opening day or stanley cup....PSH! wait a sec! the blue notes actually gotta make it there...my bad)

you still down, gramps?

uncle squirrel - 93-69
ghost the magnificent - 88-74

Edited by The Ghost, Jul 11 2011, 06:25 AM.

hicard
Member Avatar
Wayward Soul
[ *  *  * ]
SeattleCardsfan
Jul 11 2011, 06:19 AM
hicard
Jul 11 2011, 06:12 AM
SeattleCardsfan
Jul 11 2011, 06:02 AM
Too many games left to take a guess. I t ALL depends on staying healthy. No more injuries maybe 92-70 :huh: , i do believe they will be in the thick of it, and would be kinda cool to see the Bucs hang in for a while..................................but not too long :D
I'm with ya here.

The Bucs are silently putting together a
team to recognize, much like the Rays
did, by beating the Yanks and Bosox up
before they finally won that division.

That starts with managing.

Joe Maddon and Clint Hurdle get so
little respect, but look what they've done
in short order.

Don't get me started on *&^$$#((^%$&*%$$
**^%$R**%%um biatch! :D
So , how long have you benn living in HI? Last time I was there was "83 while in the Navy. Spent a few days at an old shipmates place near Ewa Beach. Good times :D
I came here right after graduation in 78',
just 45 minutes from Busch Stadium.

Went back there, and decided to get back
out here, 25 years ago.

My oldest Bro came here in the Army, 71'.

And here we are, still...... :)

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Jul 11 2011, 06:11 AM
royvern
The Ghost
waterdown

Let's get it on, Casper!

1. since the halfway between the two is an odd number, winner is the closest number. for example, 90-72 means i win, 91-71 mean you win. over yours, you take it, under mine, i take it.

2. regular season only.

3. you dont take it nearly far enough. how about something like "I am not worthy of ______'s attention. ______ is so much more awesome than i am at all things, including horseshoes, pancake making and playing Marco Polo."

4. lets really see how much action you really like. loser buys 2 tickets to a game of the others passion. you win, i take you to a blues game. i win, we catch a cards game. (and not a crazy one like opening day or stanley cup....PSH! wait a sec! the blue notes actually gotta make it there...my bad)

you still down, gramps?

uncle squirrel - 93-69

Okay Punky Brewster, first off it's Mr. Gramps to you. As they say in hockey, IT'S GO TIME! B) I would like to add to the thread prefeface "...playing Marco Polo, and I love weraing high heels on a cool summer evening!." If your down with that and ya want some, Casper, come on and get it!

Deleted User
Deleted User

.600 ball the rest of the season gives them 91 wins and the NLC going away, book it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Denny Crane
Member Avatar
King of the SABR
[ *  *  * ]
Little off topic, but I think the only deal that he got cleaned on really was the Khalil Greene trade and possibly the Ludwick deal, but we got a pretty solid run in the second half of 10 from Westbrook. Wonder what's changed between then and now.

I think that the CP trade is tough to look at because we don't know what would have happened had DeRo not torn his wrist in the third damn game.

Matt Holliday was a great trade IMO. Trade Wallace for Holliday? Everytime.

Denny Crane
Member Avatar
King of the SABR
[ *  *  * ]
89 wins. Winning the central.

stargatebabe
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Jersey Fan
Jul 11 2011, 12:36 PM
If Tony Rasmus had any brains he would tell Colby that he's in the majors now and needs a major league hitting coach, not a high school coach. The guy should back off and give the reins to Mac and Aldrete. Time to cut the umbilical cord, Tony Rasmus.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_1cd583eb-3e7e-587d-8158-3650000d84fc.html
Daddy Dearest will NEVER cut the ties - he's living his dream through his kid and shame on his kid for letting it happen!

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
We'll end up with 88 wins and will win or lose the NL Central by 1 game.

The Ghost
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
royvern
Jul 11 2011, 02:29 PM
The Ghost
Jul 11 2011, 06:11 AM
royvern
The Ghost
waterdown

Let's get it on, Casper!

2. regular season only.

you still down, gramps?

uncle squirrel - 93-69

Okay Punky Brewster, first off it's Mr. Gramps to you. As they say in hockey, IT'S GO TIME! B) I would like to add to the thread prefeface "...playing Marco Polo, and I love weraing high heels on a cool summer evening!." If your down with that and ya want some, Casper, come on and get it!
...it was originally ..."better at all things including horseshoes, pancake making and making love to my woman"....but that seemed a bit far, besides, i dont even know if you like women.

Edited by The Ghost, Jul 11 2011, 05:52 PM.

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
The contestants shall now go to their corners, come up with their tag lines (you both know it's gotta be PG-13 B) )for the loser of this bet, and play nice. I'm trying to figure out where this thread needs to park so it doesn't get lost by the end of the regular season. I don't want to pin it and don't want to HoF it - yet.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply