Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Legends day at Busch? by HoC; Legends Day at Busch by roy
Topic Started: Feb 16 2011, 02:45 AM (506 Views)
houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Idk if anybody on here would be interested, but has anyone thought a day where a bunch of us would agree to go to a game, maybe hang out before or after on a certain date? I know it sounds weird since a lot of us are complete strangers to one another, but I've heard of some other fan blogs, forums, etc. doing it as well and was wondering if that thought ever crossed anyone's mind on here?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

houseofcards1987
Feb 16 2011, 02:45 AM
Idk if anybody on here would be interested, but has anyone thought a day where a bunch of us would agree to go to a game, maybe hang out before or after on a certain date? I know it sounds weird since a lot of us are complete strangers to one another, but I've heard of some other fan blogs, forums, etc. doing it as well and was wondering if that thought ever crossed anyone's mind on here?
I hoping to be there around Aug 22-24 or so . The Bucs and Dodgers are in town and plan to stay up until the day beforf my bday 8-29.Never been to the Lou or seen the Cards. So I can't wait. Where do you live?
Quote Post Goto Top

houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
SeattleCardsfan
Feb 16 2011, 02:48 AM
houseofcards1987
I hoping to be there around Aug 22-24 or so . The Bucs and Dodgers are in town and plan to stay up until the day beforf my bday 8-29.Never been to the Lou or seen the Cards. So I can't wait. Where do you live?
Just an hour and a half away from St. Louis in Springfield, IL. Close enough to make as many games as I want.

Deleted User
Deleted User

houseofcards1987
Feb 16 2011, 03:23 AM
SeattleCardsfan
Feb 16 2011, 02:48 AM
houseofcards1987
Just an hour and a half away from St. Louis in Springfield, IL. Close enough to make as many games as I want.
Lucky Dawg!!!! :B
Quote Post Goto Top

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I wouldn't mind a Legends day at the park.
Edited by redbird5, Feb 16 2011, 03:31 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What I need to know is, How hard is it to get tix for the games? Do you need 'em well in advance or a week or 2. Prices don't look too bad. I fgure on going to 2-3 , one of those I'd like some good ones near 1B of course. I figure beer prices in the park are 'bout the same as here $8. I'd also like to watch a game in one your fine sports bars. What are beer prices in the bars around Busch. Downtown Seattle is like $6-8 :angry: Just trying to prepare abudget and all that :X
Quote Post Goto Top

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I'm in as long as I'm in area on the date. Live 2 hours from stadium. Much fun. If I may suggest it be a BYOB affair. Bring Your Own Bail!

Deleted User
Deleted User

royvern
Feb 16 2011, 03:53 AM
I'm in as long as I'm in area on the date. Live 2 hours from stadium. Much fun. If I may suggest it be a BYOB affair. Bring Your Own Bail!
I'll bring my badge, although that may get me in even more hot water :devil:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Also can anyone refer me to a good site for merchandise.All I have is an official '06 WS champs t-shirt that got messed up in the laundry. Right outside Safeco/Qwest there a little wharehouse that sells both M's and Hawks gear on game days at good prices. Anything like that near Busch?
Quote Post Goto Top

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
I would like to try, I'm only 12 hours/ 750 miles away ;) . We'll see, I've got family in central IL about 25 miles from Springfield/Decatur.

stargatebabe
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
royvern
I have a credit card, with an extremely high limit, just for that purpose! :devil:

:o Did I say that?

stargatebabe
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
SeattleCardsfan
Feb 16 2011, 03:55 AM
Lord, you sound like my son, when he had the badge(s) to flash! LOL

stargatebabe
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Do we want this topic pinned so we don't lose it????????

Yes?

No?

houseofcards1987
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
stargatebabe
Feb 16 2011, 11:48 AM
Do we want this topic pinned so we don't lose it????????

Yes?

No?
Sure, it'll give people plenty of time to think about and potentially plan if this idea gets off the ground!

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
im in! there are some good places around busch, but a bit pricey. their are some cardinal clubhouses that are good priced and have everything your heart could imagine.

not sure what the beer prices are at shannons, but if you like beer, a tour of the AB brewery is MUST!

Deleted User
Deleted User

The Ghost
Feb 21 2011, 08:14 PM
im in! there are some good places around busch, but a bit pricey. their are some cardinal clubhouses that are good priced and have everything your heart could imagine.

not sure what the beer prices are at shannons, but if you like beer, a tour of the AB brewery is MUST!
AB sounds cool, although I have never been a huge Bud fan(I used too go for the old local Rainier,until they sold it :( :'( )but I will check it out. How much to go up the Arch?
Quote Post Goto Top

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
SeattleCardsfan
royvern
CIA? Bus Driver?

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
royvern
Feb 22 2011, 01:05 AM
SeattleCardsfan
royvern
CIA? Bus Driver?
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

You won't be heading us off at the pass either!

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
SeattleCardsfan
Feb 22 2011, 12:57 AM
The Ghost

AB sounds cool, although I have never been a huge Bud fan(I used too go for the old local Rainier,until they sold it :( :'( )but I will check it out. How much to go up the Arch?
i think its $10 for the arch.

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Feb 22 2011, 07:34 PM
SeattleCardsfan
Feb 22 2011, 12:57 AM
The Ghost

i think its $10 for the arch.
We went up in 2006 and can't remember what it cost per person. Here you go:

Web site: www.gatewayarch.com
Prices Admission for tram and 1 movie $14 adults, $11 children 13-15, $5.50 children 3-12

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/stlouis/A22070.html#ixzz1EiknMHNT

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply