Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Legends Day 2012, Tickets are purchased!
Topic Started: Jan 20 2012, 09:40 PM (971 Views)
Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Hey guys, this is a reminder thread. I notice there haven't been any comments on the official thread from anyone besides roy, casper and myself lately. It is important to get a final head count very soon. Do not buy any tickets as I will be getting them for us all to sit together. I have worked out some details, but need a final head count to firm everything up. I have been talking to roy and we have decided on a direction. Trust me, everyone will be very satisfied with the cost. It will not be very expensive.

It will be best if any responses are given in the official thread, which is pinned and should be the top topic on the forum. If you can make it or hope to make it please provide an update so that I can nail down the tickets. We will all be sitting together. That is unless I have grossly underestimated the turnout.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Prot
Jan 20 2012, 09:40 PM
Hey guys, this is a reminder thread. I notice there haven't been any comments on the official thread from anyone besides roy, casper and myself lately. It is important to get a final head count very soon. Do not buy any tickets as I will be getting them for us all to sit together. I have worked out some details, but need a final head count to firm everything up. I have been talking to roy and we have decided on a direction. Trust me, everyone will be very satisfied with the cost. It will not be very expensive.

It will be best if any responses are given in the official thread, which is pinned and should be the top topic on the forum. If you can make it or hope to make it please provide an update so that I can nail down the tickets. We will all be sitting together. That is unless I have grossly underestimated the turnout.
I'll count on you getting a ticket. Let me know when I need to send funds for the Legends day. Should be a hoot. Count me in!

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
MIDMOBIRD
Jan 20 2012, 11:25 PM
Prot
Jan 20 2012, 09:40 PM

I'll count on you getting a ticket. Let me know when I need to send funds for the Legends day. Should be a hoot. Count me in!
Ok, just late to notice you want the post in other thread. Will do that too!

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
I gots to think real hard on this one and will post in the other thread but wanted to bump this one too.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Bump

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
Bumpity bump bump.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Bump.

I will probably be getting tickets this week. So I need a final head count.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Prot
Jan 22 2012, 09:50 PM
Bump.

I will probably be getting tickets this week. So I need a final head count.
I'll be there
Quote Post Goto Top

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
bump

BMike, skoffs, Rubicon, hoc87, eddings, waters, Will Clark22, et all....what the hell?? Get on board. How many forums actually get a deal like this together. HAS to be fun!

Skoffer
Hey! Give it a rest!
[ *  *  * ]
I posted on the official thread.

Will Clark22
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Not sure what's going on. The grand-kids and what not, ya know.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
From the dregs of the diseased mind
[ *  *  * ]
A little help here.

I need hotel suggestions. Something within walking or a cab ride distance from the action so I can book in advance. I don't need the cheapest, but would rather not pay Manhattan prices.

Do me solid, Cardinal faithful.

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
spiritofstlouis
Jan 24 2012, 02:10 AM
A little help here.

I need hotel suggestions. Something within walking or a cab ride distance from the action so I can book in advance. I don't need the cheapest, but would rather not pay Manhattan prices.

Hotels out by the airport are a LOT cheaper. That's my plan spirit. Don't know where the festivities will be but Metro isn't bad at all and will get us back out to the airport. My flight out is at 10:20 AM on Monday so my plan is to be up 'til about 6AM B) .

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
NC Cards Fan
Jan 24 2012, 02:40 AM
spiritofstlouis
A little help here.

Hotels out by the airport are a LOT cheaper. That's my plan spirit. Don't know where the festivities will be but Metro isn't bad at all and will get us back out to the airport. My flight out is at 10:20 AM on Monday so my plan is to be up 'til about 6AM B) .
Thanks, I haven't decided on transportation yet, but I'm up for any place to lay my head.

Speaking of, if anyone knows how to get a hold of Joisey, let me know. His account at Legends is gone and some of the sites that he frequents hold me persona non grata.

I'd love to get him to go, which would go a long way in determining my mode of transportation ( I'm probably about 3 hours west of him ).

So if someone can get in touch with him ( and N.H. Cards fan too ), let me know.

Thanks.

P.S. I'll probably stay until Monday also, but staying up until 6 AM will take some work. I get up at 5:30 every day.
Edited by spiritofstlouis, Jan 24 2012, 02:55 AM.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
spiritofstlouis
A little help here.

I have done some checking on this already. Your choices are two fold.
1) Stay at a hotel near the airport. Hotels are $75-100/night.
2) Stay near the stadium. Hotels $175-$250/night.

Price jumps up big time on cubs weekend. All the moderate price hotel that are downtown are already booked.

There is a metro link that runs from the airport area to Busch Stadium so that you don't have to drive. Metro departs every 20 minutes (from 5am-midnight) and takes about 30 minutes to get from airport to the Stadium. You may have to walk a bit (half mile or so) from the hotel to metro station, but the drop off at the Stadium is right across the street from Busch.

As far as which hotel to stay at, I can only go by the reviews. No personal experience.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Prot
Jan 24 2012, 02:52 AM
spiritofstlouis
A little help here.

I have done some checking on this already. Your choices are two fold.
1) Stay at a hotel near the airport. Hotels are $75-100/night.
2) Stay near the stadium. Hotels $175-$250/night.

Price jumps up big time on cubs weekend. All the moderate price hotel that are downtown are already booked.

There is a metro link that runs from the airport area to Busch Stadium so that you don't have to drive. Metro departs every 20 minutes (from 5am-midnight) and takes about 30 minutes to get from airport to the Stadium. You may have to walk a bit (half mile or so) from the hotel to metro station, but the drop off at the Stadium is right across the street from Busch.

As far as which hotel to stay at, I can only go by the reviews. No personal experience.

Thanks, pal. The airport sounds good to me. I'll bring my laser pen. Pilots love that.

Let me know which one.

I figured a Cubs weekend would complicate things, but it will give me a chance to drive a Metro.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I will be scouting in the next week or so and will update

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
I'm scouting tonight. Hampton inn has rooms with 2 queen beds for $71.20 for Sunday night on Expedia. That could be a great play before they are all gone. Don't usually go Hampton Inn but for that price, why not?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have no preference, dives don't bother me. As long as its not in high crime area.
Quote Post Goto Top

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
east St. louis is pretty in April mang.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply