Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LD 13 Tailgate
Topic Started: Jun 24 2013, 03:34 PM (573 Views)
smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Ok I know the list of attendees for the game but wanted to see how many were planning on eating with us around lunch time that day.

Just because you do not eat, doesnt not mean you cant stop by and joining in the fun. We will act as a home base for everyone and you can explore around the city from there. We will be with-in walking distance of the stadium and my 3 favorite pre/post game hangouts, Flying Saucer, Patti-O's and Mike Shannons Outfield. For those of strong legs, its about a 10 min walk to another great place Broadway Oyster Bar with many other stops along the way.

I plan on pork steaks(STL style), toasted ravs and possibly STL Italian Salad. I may even pick up a bit of the local beverages so everyone can enjoy a drink with their meal if desired. Although I know I will not be pounding pre-game, I will save that for the free beer inside.

I will have to talk to a few of the lots down there to see where we can pull this off. Tailgating is not a normal pre-game activity. The good news is I will have everything made before getting down there so no fires or grills will be used. That should lessen our issues. If I can negative responses from the lot owners, we will revise our plan as needed.

If I can coordinate with 1 or 2 other guys to arrive around the same time as me so we can grab some spots in a row, that would be fantastic.

Alright guys, ball is in your court.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
I will be there! Wishing the party was at my place down there, but there's always next year.

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Once again, brilliant idea, smokes!! I'll be there. Can't swear as to what time since I have no idea when we will come to, I mean wake up, Saturday after the Nowhere Extravaganza, but will definitely be there and have a guest. Any idea as to when you plan on getting there?

Since you're wanting to break in R on St. Louis pork steaks, I will not make them Friday. No worries. ;)

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
I would plan on lunch at Smokies roadside Resturant for sure! We can figure out the arrival time by messaging/calling you when the compound exodus is known - should be a 2 hour WARNING for you.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
NC Cards Fan
Jun 24 2013, 08:20 PM
I would plan on lunch at Smokies roadside Resturant for sure! We can figure out the arrival time by messaging/calling you when the compound exodus is known - should be a 2 hour WARNING for you.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Hey ill open when I open and ill close when I close.

I'll have a special steak reserved just for you shiner

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
What if we met at Forest Park instead of the parking lot. I know it's going to be melt in your shoes hot grow your gills humid (It will be late July in St. Louis! ) In Forest Park are there not grills? It's only 10 minutes from BIII and maybe my second favorite place in the city. Plus there's shade!

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Jun 24 2013, 10:10 PM
What if we met at Forest Park instead of the parking lot. I know it's going to be melt in your shoes hot grow your gills humid (It will be late July in St. Louis! ) In Forest Park are there not grills? It's only 10 minutes from BIII and maybe my second favorite place in the city. Plus there's shade!
I had considered it and its a backup but being with in walking distance is huge and ill have a canopy that just pops up and collapses to provide some shade. It's only July in St Louis

Rube Baker
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
As I said before I'm all for tailgating! I'm in

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Liz (the little lady) and I will be there and I could meet you at the lot to secure one parking spot.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
You;ll just have to tell me the time to be there and where. It's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for me from New Madrid. Also, let me know how much I owe you...

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Ok, right now I am planning on setting up shop at 12 sharp. So figure 15-20 mins to really be set up and ready to go food wise.

That should give you alcoholics enough time to sleep off whatever you do to yourself at Roy's Lonesome Parrot Ranch and then get your tails to STL.

The rest of you can plan as you please, but I wouldnt plan on much food being around after say 2-2:30. As previously stated, gives you out of towners a chance to refuel and then take off on foot if you like to explore around downtown and of course the immediate area around the stadium. There is plenty to see just in itself right there.

FYI I will cook some of the pork steaks in the traditional STL style but I will braise a few in a pan with just sauce and leave out the Budweiser for those who prefer no beer in their steak.

Now I just have to see if one of the lots I have in mind will allow it. I know ones that do for Rams games but that would be a hike for some of us over to Busch.

Prot I will coordinate the parking with you when I can firm that up. I dont think we will have to arrive at the same time since I will be getting there so early. We can likely pull off spots next to each other easily.

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Need me to bring anything Boodreau? I think I said earlier, if not then I will now, I'm good for $ for the chow purse as well.

Wait, come to think of it, you said you had a closing on Friday...You don't need no stinkin help with chow purse. We ARE sipping on Dom are we not?? I drink mine neither shaken nor stirred. :angry: :ph43r:

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
Bumperooni

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Alright pork steaks were on sale this week for the holiday so I picked up a few packs of them. Working on the other two items today to start that process and then will be headed down by the ball park to run our deal past a couple of the lots in the locations I would like to set up in. The parking price will be higher than what I usually do but for ease of access this will be our best bet.

If any of you want to bring snacks, dessert, ect....feel free.

List so Far

Bossman
Roy +1
NC +1?
Prot +1
Rube
Sig

Everyone you have until Mon July 15th to get your name thrown in. I am sure there will be plenty of food if a couple of extras straggle along but want to make sure those that have thrown their names in get food.

Sigonella
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I'll throw some $$ your way to help defray the cost of the food....

royvern
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I'll throw some advice your way to help defray the cost of thinking. B) :D

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
NC + 1 (mini NC) ;) will be present.

I was thinking about bringing some Moravian cookies, just like they made in the 1600's but not as old.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Some time Moonie you make it too easy. I guessing you know they made these cookies in the 1600s because you were there?

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
redbird5
Jul 5 2013, 04:32 PM
Some time Moonie you make it too easy. I guessing you know they made these cookies in the 1600s because you were there?
My mom told me, also the really old ladies at Old Salem who do demonstrations told me when I was a kid in the 70's. You remember the 70's don't you, never mind - you were born the year I graduated from high school..

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
NC Cards Fan
Jul 6 2013, 01:16 PM
redbird5
Jul 5 2013, 04:32 PM
My mom told me, also the really old ladies at Old Salem who do demonstrations told me when I was a kid in the 70's. You remember the 70's don't you, never mind - you were born the year I graduated from high school..
You may remember the early 70's NC, but I'd bet money the late 70's/early 80's are a bit of a blur for you

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply