Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2014 NFL Draft
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 03:17 PM (403 Views)
BMike88
Member Avatar
MIZ STL
[ *  *  * ]
I think this is one of the more interesting drafts in a while--there are top of the line talent and some interesting QBs as well. The Rams are sitting pretty right now with their #2 and #13 picks. I'd like to see Watkins at #2 but I would think its more likely that they take Robinson from Auburn.

#13 - hopefully they take Clinton-Dix from Bama. They desperately need help in the secondary and he would help quite a bit
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
I would be happy with any of the players you named.

For #2 I am hoping for any one of the following (in no particular order):
Trade down(no lower that 6 or 7th)
Clowney (I don't see how you can pass on him if he is there - maybe trade after pick)
Robinson
Matthews
Watkins

For #13 I like HaHa or possibly Dennard

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I think Dix or Dennard are must if they are there at 13. Plenty of O line help deep into this draft and even some decent receivers. Watkins has been compared to Julio Jones but I haven't seen it yet. Doubt this coaching staff can develop a top flight receiver so I think it would be a wasted pick.

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
I agree that our coaching staff appears inept at developing receiver talent.

BMike88
Member Avatar
MIZ STL
[ *  *  * ]
smokincards
Apr 14 2014, 08:43 PM
I think Dix or Dennard are must if they are there at 13. Plenty of O line help deep into this draft and even some decent receivers. Watkins has been compared to Julio Jones but I haven't seen it yet. Doubt this coaching staff can develop a top flight receiver so I think it would be a wasted pick.
I agree but the Rams haven't had a big name receiver in the draft since Holt. I thought Avery was a terrible pick at the time and that turned out to be true.

The O-line and secondary are the Rams biggest weakness currently. I fully expect that to be shored up with the first two picks, although Watkins is still on my wish list.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Clowney in the horns next season either..

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Rumblings are we have to take Watkins. Everyone in the media seems to be of hat mindset yet the Rams are silent on the issue.

Very curious about this draft. We have to have plug and play players in the first 2 rounds.

BMike88
Member Avatar
MIZ STL
[ *  *  * ]
smokincards
Apr 26 2014, 03:00 PM
Rumblings are we have to take Watkins. Everyone in the media seems to be of hat mindset yet the Rams are silent on the issue.

Very curious about this draft. We have to have plug and play players in the first 2 rounds.
I keep reading/hearing that Manziel to the Rams is a possibility.

I literally would take anyone else in the top 15 but him and call it a success. I wouldn't want any part of him.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well the hour is upon us. Time to find out which way they go.

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Houston is on the clock. Big night for the Rams lets see what happens.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
My guess is Robinson, assuming Clowney is gone. Matthews probably makes the team better the quickest though, so I would be happy with that. I don't think the team will go another direction. Gonna find out soon.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
No surprise from Houston. Here it comes baby!

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Robinson, Matthews or Watkins and Ill be happy. My guess is Matthews due to the family connections with Jeff the Stash

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
:D

Good start!

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
13 is now a pick in play. Do we trade out or do we get a WR or a DB?

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I did like that Robinson's answer to what should we expect was "110% of Greg Robinson, my all, I promise you". No presumptions, just dedication.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Bortels to the Jags, not a huge surprise to me. I kinda expected Mack, but figured Bortels to be the first QB.

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I like Faulks point about Slater and Pace.

Really good pic by Jax. I like this kid a lot, a ton more than Johnny Football.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Not much of a surprise yet, with possible surprise of the trade. Not the picks.

Prot
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
They are still talking about Johnny Manziel. I fully expect him to be available to the Bears after the Rams pick or trade #13. WHo knows, maybe we take him in the 2nd round.
Edited by Prot, May 9 2014, 12:47 AM.

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I think he will go to the Cowboys at 16 and they will still suck :lol:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The NFL · Next Topic »
Add Reply