Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Stlouislegends. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!
Please follow these rules:
1. No slandering members, players, other staff members of other forums. Slander is very serious, as it can cause lawsuits. If you don't like someone whether it be a member here, a player, or other people, do not under any circumstances call them names, make fun of their sexuality, or....can't remember
2. Keep language PG-13. No obscene language. Editing with symbols such as @#!* is not permitted either.
3. No name calling. The staff has built this place as a different forum from CTs. We like debates, but we expect members to respect others and their opinions.
4. No sexually explicate material. Keep pictures PG-13. NO nudity!

5. No hate speech. Hate speech is any communication which disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation
6. Spamming is not allowed, unless you have permission by the staff. advertising another forum advertise here as long as they do it once and with the staff's permission, please don't advertise goods and services.

Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a verbal warning.
Second offense will result in a weeks banning
Third offense you will be banned.

Spamming will result in an immediate banning.

Note: St. Louis Legends staff reserves the right to dismiss any member of their choosing for whatever reason.
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sad day in Legends history! Royvern has passed away..
Topic Started: Sep 15 2014, 07:55 PM (712 Views)
Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
My friends, I regret to inform you that I have just learned that my good friend royvern passed away this past Wednesday, September 10th. His funeral was this past Saturday. Bill had kept his health problems quiet from me to not only cause concern. His last message to me was to ask that we the Legends smile when we think of him.

He had become a dear friend of mine and I will miss him. Susan (Aka Blanche) said to tell you mooks thanks for being his friend.
Edited by Prot, Sep 15 2014, 07:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prot
Member Avatar
I'll admit the possibility that I am Robert Porter if you'll admit the possibility I am from KPAX
[ *  *  * ]
Link to Bill's obituary.

Bill Rhoades obit

NC Cards Fan
Member Avatar
They call me pesky!
[ *  *  * ]
I am saddened by this, prayers to the family during this difficult time.

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Right now there are no words. I think it would be very fitting if we could all go to LD 15 next year. We need to celebrate his life. I met him one time, but I could tell he was full of life from his posts here.

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Absolute damn shame. Cap tip to our friend for his QE of a life he lead.

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
That is terrible news. What an awesome guy, I am so glad I got to meet him a couple of years ago. RIP my friend. Knowing he is gone leaves a big void with our group, hit me right in the gut like a hammer.

ColtsOriolesBullets1971
Member Avatar
Personal Guest of "SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS"
[ *  *  * ]

This is horrible.
o
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ColtsOriolesBullets1971
Member Avatar
Personal Guest of "SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS"
[ *  *  * ]

The entire time that I have been here, I had one debate with Roy, and it was in regard to a sociological issue.

Roy took the high road, and said something very kind to one of my comments.

I never met him, but I'll bet that he was an extremely mature guy, and a good-hearted person.
o
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

redbird5
Sep 15 2014, 08:38 PM
Posted Image
Right now there are no words. I think it would be very fitting if we could all go to LD 15 next year. We need to celebrate his life. I met him one time, but I could tell he was full of life from his posts here.
I'll be there
I got the message 3 minutes before the start of my shift. This is going to be the longest 8 hours I can remember

R.I.P. Bil.

:( :( :( :(
Quote Post Goto Top

waterdown
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
sad day

CSquare01
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
I wish I would have gotten to meet Roy. Always enjoyed his threads, his comebacks and his just general crazy sense of humor. I will look forward to LD 15 to help celebrate his life. RIP you mook.

smokincards
Member Avatar
Super Sub
[ *  *  * ]
Has anyone reached out to Mike yet about this?

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Yes. He told me that he's going to say something after he gets out of class.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
From the dregs of the diseased mind
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

No words for now.

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
I havent been here for a while.

So, I was sitting in my office today with a kid, this young girl...she really has a host of issues that we are trying to sort out...and I receive a message from the bossman telling me the news.

I kind of stopped. It was like my whole day stopped.

"Roy’s gone?" I kinda said out loud. The girl looked at me dumbfounded, all caught up in her story of whatever-the-hell-she-was-talking-about.

"Who is Roy?" she said.

I kind of ignored her. I just sat there staring at my phone, re-reading Eric's message. I think at some point I said "damn" a few times.

As I sat there, staring, Jack messaged me.

And still I stared.

Then it dawned on me...

You guys must have already put up a post, and everyone is paying their respects, as you should. Everyone is probably being all solemn and whatnot…while I sit here knowing EXACTLY what Roy would have wanted…

And that’s CERTAINLY NOT let him off the hook that easy…

Ok, gramps. This one, for all the marbles…

Wait, you know what marbles are right? I mean, you were around when they invented the wheel. And fire. And rode dinosaurs. Surely you know what a marble is. It’s the thing you had one or two of rolling around in your head in these advancing years…

Ehm…

Did that squirrel eating, cub-loving hillbilly pay up for all the terms of that ridiculous bet?! Man, I bet he didn’t!! That sneaky old fart thinks he'd gonna slip off and NOT have to pay up on the last few shots at him? Did you really think I was gonna let this slide?!

Eh, no.

I should have REALLY scorched him at that cards game, sitting over there a few seats away. I always thought he did that on purpose because his crusty old hearing aids were beat, kinda like his skills in winning bets, and he didn't want to be too close to a CHAMPION of banner making, forum shaming, and most importantly…love making. How could he compete? Father Time over there couldn’t take the heat! He just sat over there yelling “WHAT?” every few minutes to make it look like his muskrat smelling epic oldness hadn’t gone completely senile. Yea, sure, he kept a few of you other octogenarians nearby to help with the wise cracks and “when I was your age…” comments. I bet you geezers, all old as the D**M land, were all waxing poetic about when you were my age and how your peckers still worked on their own, and blah blah blah. Oh, and then he’d make some random crack about “youth this” or “ghost is just jealous” that or something about possums, or whatever else he could come up with to make it feeling like he hadn’t lost his touch. After that, I always had a feeling he had someone else writing his zingers for him.

Like Blanche.

Ha! I bet it was! YOU HAD TO GET A GIRL TO FIGHT YOUR FIGHTS, DIDN'T YOU!??!?!

God bless you, Blanche. You kept his dignity (or whatever a guy who eat road kill has) intact for so long. How did that old man even FIND out about the internet?! And when did he learn to read?! I've been out in that part of the state. NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO READ! I wonder if he thought the mouse for the computer was real mouse? I can almost see him now after you explained to him that it wasn’t a real mouse. Like a half feral old barn cat, he would bring you dead rodents to help you with his “internet’n’s”. You must be such a patient soul.

He's lucky we weren't at his funeral, because I would have left a pile of cubs crap for him! HA! That would have served that crotchety old fool right! I could have gotten a nice plastic Barbie tiara, all pink and glittery, stuck cubs stickers all over it and put it on him. I'm sure he had plenty of his own back at the compound. Hell, anyone want to take THAT bet? I'm sure that was the real reason he lived in nowhere. So the towns folk didn't see him in his sparkly gown, stripper heals, and cubbie crown! Hell, they were probably all his cousins anyways, so of course they would be all hot for him in his lacy transvestite cubs gear and his fancy pageant walk’n. His beaver milkshake (heh) probably brought all the toothless wonders to the yard.

I should have made a bet with him on who would have had the last laugh.

It was you, old timer. You were a worthy opponent, funny looking, yea, but worthy and honorable. Not to mention toothless. You were also a toothless opponent. Toothless as hell. Seriously, man…where was your toothbrush?

I digress…

Bill, you will be missed, because it’s f***ing COASTAL (of all people) who is gonna think it’s his job to pick up your sword and shield and pretend he’s you…and we both know how that will end up…a sensitive Seattleite crying in his starbucks double foam venti frappe.

Bill, you wanna win a new bet? Tell the big guy up stairs to bring us another flag for right center this October.

See ya ‘round, old buddy.

Emphasis on “old”.

The Ghost

Deleted User
Deleted User

The Ghost
Sep 16 2014, 01:42 AM
I havent been here for a while.

So, I was sitting in my office today with a kid, this young girl...she really has a host of issues that we are trying to sort out...and I receive a message from the bossman telling me the news.

I kind of stopped. It was like my whole day stopped.

"Roy’s gone?" I kinda said out loud. The girl looked at me dumbfounded, all caught up in her story of whatever-the-hell-she-was-talking-about.

"Who is Roy?" she said.

I kind of ignored her. I just sat there staring at my phone, re-reading Eric's message. I think at some point I said "damn" a few times.

As I sat there, staring, Jack messaged me.

And still I stared.

Then it dawned on me...

You guys must have already put up a post, and everyone is paying their respects, as you should. Everyone is probably being all solemn and whatnot…while I sit here knowing EXACTLY what Roy would have wanted…

And that’s CERTAINLY NOT let him off the hook that easy…

Ok, gramps. This one, for all the marbles…

Wait, you know what marbles are right? I mean, you were around when they invented the wheel. And fire. And rode dinosaurs. Surely you know what a marble is. It’s the thing you had one or two of rolling around in your head in these advancing years…

Ehm…

Did that squirrel eating, cub-loving hillbilly pay up for all the terms of that ridiculous bet?! Man, I bet he didn’t!! That sneaky old fart thinks he'd gonna slip off and NOT have to pay up on the last few shots at him? Did you really think I was gonna let this slide?!

Eh, no.

I should have REALLY scorched him at that cards game, sitting over there a few seats away. I always thought he did that on purpose because his crusty old hearing aids were beat, kinda like his skills in winning bets, and he didn't want to be too close to a CHAMPION of banner making, forum shaming, and most importantly…love making. How could he compete? Father Time over there couldn’t take the heat! He just sat over there yelling “WHAT?” every few minutes to make it look like his muskrat smelling epic oldness hadn’t gone completely senile. Yea, sure, he kept a few of you other octogenarians nearby to help with the wise cracks and “when I was your age…” comments. I bet you geezers, all old as the D**M land, were all waxing poetic about when you were my age and how your peckers still worked on their own, and blah blah blah. Oh, and then he’d make some random crack about “youth this” or “ghost is just jealous” that or something about possums, or whatever else he could come up with to make it feeling like he hadn’t lost his touch. After that, I always had a feeling he had someone else writing his zingers for him.

Like Blanche.

Ha! I bet it was! YOU HAD TO GET A GIRL TO FIGHT YOUR FIGHTS, DIDN'T YOU!??!?!

God bless you, Blanche. You kept his dignity (or whatever a guy who eat road kill has) intact for so long. How did that old man even FIND out about the internet?! And when did he learn to read?! I've been out in that part of the state. NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO READ! I wonder if he thought the mouse for the computer was real mouse? I can almost see him now after you explained to him that it wasn’t a real mouse. Like a half feral old barn cat, he would bring you dead rodents to help you with his “internet’n’s”. You must be such a patient soul.

He's lucky we weren't at his funeral, because I would have left a pile of cubs crap for him! HA! That would have served that crotchety old fool right! I could have gotten a nice plastic Barbie tiara, all pink and glittery, stuck cubs stickers all over it and put it on him. I'm sure he had plenty of his own back at the compound. Hell, anyone want to take THAT bet? I'm sure that was the real reason he lived in nowhere. So the towns folk didn't see him in his sparkly gown, stripper heals, and cubbie crown! Hell, they were probably all his cousins anyways, so of course they would be all hot for him in his lacy transvestite cubs gear and his fancy pageant walk’n. His beaver milkshake (heh) probably brought all the toothless wonders to the yard.

I should have made a bet with him on who would have had the last laugh.

It was you, old timer. You were a worthy opponent, funny looking, yea, but worthy and honorable. Not to mention toothless. You were also a toothless opponent. Toothless as hell. Seriously, man…where was your toothbrush?

I digress…

Bill, you will be missed, because it’s f***ing COASTAL (of all people) who is gonna think it’s his job to pick up your sword and shield and pretend he’s you…and we both know how that will end up…a sensitive Seattleite crying in his starbucks double foam venti frappe.

Bill, you wanna win a new bet? Tell the big guy up stairs to bring us another flag for right center this October.

See ya ‘round, old buddy.

Emphasis on “old”.

The Ghost
I hate Starbucks!!!!

Well said, Mikey!
Quote Post Goto Top

redbird5
Member Avatar
The Bossman
[ *  *  * ]
Mike, I think Bill would've laughed at that. He was a good man and will definitely be missed in these parts.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Growing up in New Hampshire, New York and Connecticut, fellow Cardinal fans were hard to come by. This was one of the happiest days of my life.

Posted Image

Sadly, skrat wasn't in the photo.

The Ghost
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Magic Number
[ *  *  * ]
I'm gonna miss him. Now who is gonna sweet talk what ever pretty little lady i bring around Legends Day?

It'll have to be spirit.

spiritofstlouis
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The Ghost
Sep 16 2014, 02:45 AM
I'm gonna miss him. Now who is gonna sweet talk what ever pretty little lady i bring around Legends Day?

It'll have to be spirit.
Next year, guaranteed, brother.
Edited by spiritofstlouis, Sep 16 2014, 03:43 AM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Redbird's Nest · Next Topic »
Add Reply