Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Gang of Five | The Land Before Time. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Sharptooth Clan; An RPG for the Sharptooth in all of us.
Topic Started: Apr 17 2017, 04:52 AM (306 Views)
Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
God is Love -1 John 4:8
Sharptooth Clan!

Posted Image

RAWR! Welcome to the Sharptooth Clan. Here Sharpteeth unite in our desire to dominate and devour Leaf Eaters. Long has the Gang of Five eluded us, our first Chieftain was drowned by their cunning, our second marred by the one they call Little Foot. Long enough have we endured the insolence and mockery of the Longneck and Company. We shall now combine our efforts to seek revenge upon the Gang of Five.

Should you dare to join us, you will have to pass the trials of the Tooth and learn your place in the pack! RAWR! To do this accomplish tasks appointed by the Chieftain and Elders, or practice the Carnivorous craft by hunting Leaf Eaters and going on hunting missions. Each time you accomplish a task, mission, or trial, you will achieve R or RAWR points. These points will help you move up in pack, earn prestige, and pursue the Sharptooth way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ranks of the Tooth:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hatchling 5R

Scout 15R

Scavenger 50R

Hunter 100R

Headhunter 150R

Sharptooth 350R

Clan Elder 500R

Sharptooth Chieftain 700R
Classes:
Sharpclaw
Posted Image
The warrior class of our clan. The Sharpclaw masters the art of RAWR! Rampage, and Revenge. Those who wish to bite and ask questions later will find their niche in this class. What a Sharpclaw lacks in tactics, it makes up from in tenacity and terrorizing Leaf Eaters.

Sharphunter
Posted Image
This member of the clan spends more time on tactics and hunting skills, developing scent, oral cavity, and knowledge in how to outwit the toughest of Leaf Eaters. A Sharphunter's aim is to be brains of the clan, to discover how to get to the prey that hides beneath trunks, rock, and more.

Sharpscavanger
Posted Image
This is the well rounded class. A Sharpscavanger combines skills from both the Sharpclaw and Sharphunter classes. This is for those who want a nice blend of brains and brawn. However, picking this class limits Sharpteeth from becoming experts in tactics or tenacity.

How To Join?

To join our Clan, you must give your best RAWR! And list three reasons why you are worthy of joining the Clan or explain the Carnivour Credo:

There is no silence, there is RAWR!
There is no mercy, there is meat
There is no weakness, there is strength
There is no serenity, there is Sharpteeth.
There is no calm, there is the Clan.

Once you have joined our clan, you will be assigned certain tasks, hunting missions, and even quests to accomplish to gain RAWR Points. Happy Hunting!

MEMBERS

Gentle Sharptooth -Clan Chieftan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sneak
Member Avatar
Ozband Iresh
heheh. Sounds ineteresting.

Can I be legendary Sharptooth? Sharptooth from original movie? 1000 RAWRS. XD

aldo question: what kind of tasks would be presented here? In what form this game will be presented?

(also I never played uch forum games before)

Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
Snik,Apr 18 2017
03:23 AM
heheh. Sounds ineteresting.

Can I be legendary Sharptooth? Sharptooth from original movie? 1000 RAWRS. XD

aldo question: what kind of tasks would be presented here? In what form this game will be presented?

(also I never played uch forum games before)

RAWR! and Weclome Snik. You are brave to enter the domain of the Sharpteeth.

To answer your questions,

The tasks will be assigned here, and usually will be answered in here, here is an example:

Task No. 1: Explain the Carno Creed:
There is no mercy, there is meat
There is no weakness, there is strength
There is no serenity, there is Sharpteeth.
There is no calm, there is the Clan.

Task No 2: Explain or share some of History of the Sharpteeth. You can write about the Original Sharptooth, or specific one from one of films, and you may add your obeservations, what could have been improved in their tactics, why did Gang of Five get an advantage over them, and so on.

Some tasks must be fulfilled in other parts of Gang of Five forum, like for instance learning to stalk prey, this just means conversing with other forum members who are Leaf Eater sympthaizers, do not antagonize, but learn more about the Leaf Eaters. Other examples would be to hunt, this requires you to watch what Leaf Eaters say, and when you can strike or rather say something Sharptooth positive and etc. These tasks outside the RPG are of course suppose to be respectful, but its a way if you want to do something outside the RPG that effects your place in this RPG.

You do not have to constantly be in Sharptooth Clan RPG gear, but if you do a task assigned here in outside Forum, report back here and share the link or at least name topic for Chieftan in charge to check and award you RAWR! points.

If you have more questions, please ask. I hope I explained it.

In short, you do tasks and assignments here in this thread, others will be assigned for the outside forum and have you learning the Way of the Sharptooth.

DarkHououmon
Member Avatar
"Be prepared, Snappy boy. Your luck has run out..."

Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 18 2017
09:24 PM

I'm confused by this part, I admit.

Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
DarkHououmon,Apr 18 2017
10:04 PM
Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 18 2017
09:24 PM

I'm confused by this part, I admit.

It means as a Sharptooth, you are not a silent creature who is timid and keeps quiet. You make yourself known to all with loud noise, like trumpet or horn. :DD

DarkHououmon
Member Avatar
"Be prepared, Snappy boy. Your luck has run out..."

Out of all of the Carno Creed, that's the only part I have any criticisms for. Basically, a predator that's needlessly noisy is going to have a difficult time in life.

1. A big sharptooth being too noisy might draw the attention of other predators. Small ones can be more easily dealth with, but if they happen to draw attention from a stronger carnivore, then they risk getting injured, perhaps hindering their ability to hunt properly.

2. Small sharpteeth are better off being even quieter, for if they make their presence known to everyone, they run the risk of being killed by prey and predator alike (prey, defending their herds, and predator, to get rid of competition).

3. A noisy sharptooth would not hunt well. The key to hunting is actually being quiet enough to get close to the prey and close the gap. If a sharptooth, large or small, were to be constantly loud and heard, then their prey is going to hear them and run off long before they have any chance to get close.

A better approach with that part of the creed, I think, would probably be more in competitions, sharpteeth trying to claim territory. In this case, being loud and heard could be used as an intimidation method in hoping to scare away their would-be rival.

Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
DarkHououmon,Apr 18 2017
10:39 PM
Out of all of the Carno Creed, that's the only part I have any criticisms for. Basically, a predator that's needlessly noisy is going to have a difficult time in life.

1. A big sharptooth being too noisy might draw the attention of other predators. Small ones can be more easily dealth with, but if they happen to draw attention from a stronger carnivore, then they risk getting injured, perhaps hindering their ability to hunt properly.

2. Small sharpteeth are better off being even quieter, for if they make their presence known to everyone, they run the risk of being killed by prey and predator alike (prey, defending their herds, and predator, to get rid of competition).

3. A noisy sharptooth would not hunt well. The key to hunting is actually being quiet enough to get close to the prey and close the gap. If a sharptooth, large or small, were to be constantly loud and heard, then their prey is going to hear them and run off long before they have any chance to get close.

A better approach with that part of the creed, I think, would probably be more in competitions, sharpteeth trying to claim territory. In this case, being loud and heard could be used as an intimidation method in hoping to scare away their would-be rival.

Indeed, the context of credo is for this Clan. Being loud and noisy to keep hot head hunters from asserting themselves over superiors.

The Credo is based on Sith Creed from Star Wars. Since Sharp teeth are suppose to be the antagonists of The Land Before Time, and Sith are antagonists of the Star Wars Saga, I tried to create a Creed that captures aspects of the Sharptooth mindset, attitudes, feelings, attributes, and behavior. It's not a literal, be loud all the time thing, its philosophical.

Also, if you look at three classes of Sharpteeth, the Sharphunter class is more what you are talking about, keep quiet, analysis during the hunt, and then attack without making much noise (Raptor style). But for T-Rex types, the roar can petrify prey with fear, which is more the Sharpclaw class, of being more brutal and attacking, not worrying about if you make yourself known to prey. Sometimes the RAWR! can so scare prey into a trap, as in case of lions, where male roars causing prey to run right to the females. Being loud and roaring can also make the prey become so tense and anxious they make mistakes, as often happens to Gang of Five in LBT films.

Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
First Assignment: Pick a Sharptooth you admire, and share their history, attributes, and their strengths and weaknesses.

Hypno
Member Avatar
GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
I'll join and see what it's like. I don't know. This is the Allosaurus from LBT 6.

Character: Allosaurus (known as Browridge Sharptooth)
Sex: Male
History: Made several appearances in The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock. Article here.
Strengths: Is pretty good at a silent approach, not stupid enough to give up searching for prey. Also has a good sense of smell. Good balance and Sharptooth-level durability (hence surviving falling off the log and surviving a deadly fall).
Weaknesses: Sometimes clumsy when it comes to wooded environments; may get his head stuck. :lol
I would say he's a Sharpscavenger, as he can be stealthy but usually doesn't.
The gang used the environment to escape the sharptooth, as the full gang escaped him by making it through dense trees he couldn't get through, and Littlefoot escaped him by getting through a rock wall that the sharptooth had to break to get to him. But afterwards, there was no environment to be used to escape this sharptooth.

I hope others join this as well, I'm gonna need a few people if this is going to be worthwhile :yes
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gentle Sharptooth
Member Avatar
RAWR! Welcome Hynobai! Welcome Snik!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Strict-LBT-Only · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Modified version of the theme/skin created by "Jameswgw". Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.